In 2011 Ray will start a new regular column at the BMJ – the British Medical Journal – he will be a regular contributor to his local newspaper in Byron Bay Australia, The Echo, and will continue as an Australian correspondent to Radio New Zealand’s NinetoNoon program, along with other projects, writing commissions, speaking engagements and lots of dancing.
The drug company AstraZeneca has launched legal action against an influential committee of independent advisers to the Australian government.
Documents lodged with a federal court show that the company has begun proceedings against 17 members of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee and the federal health minister.
Neither AstraZeneca nor the government will comment on the nature of the case against the powerful committee, which makes recommendations on which drugs attract subsidies—and the conditions attached to those subsidies—in Australia’s $8 billion publicly funded scheme.
However, court documents reveal that the case …..
The full text of Ray’s latest story is available here in the British Medical Journal
Ray talks to Gorgi and Yumi about his new book Sex, Lies and Pharmaceuticals
The new book by Ray Moynihan and Barbara Mintzes is getting lots of attention world wide. Here is a little of the recent coverage:
- CTV News Canada Nov. 2, 2010
- Madison Magazine November 2010
- Toronto Star, Canada Oct. 21, 2010
- Pharmalot, USA Oct. 19, 2010
- CTV Breakfast, Canada Oct. 15, 2010
- Globe & Mail, Canada Oct. 14, 2010
- Wall Street Journal, USA Oct. 13, 2010
- New York Times, USA Oct. 8, 2010
- Publico, Spain Oct. 4, 2010
- Guardian, UK Oct. 1, 2010
- Life Matters on ABC Radio National
- Hilarious column by comedian Mandy Nolan
- ABC The Drum online- three part series
- The Weekend Australian feature, August 28th: Sex, Lies and Libido
- ABC Radio National Big ideas
- Radio New Zealand’s This Way Up
- Sunday Times, UK May 29, 2010
Short segment of Ray’s presentation to the Amsterdam 2010 conference, which takes its name from his 2005 book Selling Sickness